Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Last days of summer

My little boy starts school next week. I feel like we've been gearing up to it forever. We've read and reread Topsy and Tim start school, bought the uniform, met the teachers, toured the school. I'm working on bringing his wake up time from 8.30am to 7am so far with limited success. 
I do think it's going to be great for him. It's a lovely school and I like the focus on outdoor activities and play and creativity. But I'm going to miss that freedom of just taking off with the kids each day on a mini adventure or just hanging out with them doing nothing much.
Little M and I had a perfect day together just the two of us at the weekend. It was gloriously sunny and we made pizza and ate it in the garden.

'I'm making tiger pizza'
It felt like the last day of summer and the last day of freedom. We enjoyed every minute.
I am going to miss my little man. Even though I know I'll be picking him up again at 3 o'clock each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment